Monday, August 16, 2010

Dear computer, we used to be such good buds. Why would you do this to me?

My computer has selfishly decided to take a time out from our relationship, which is why all has been quite on the interwebs lately.
The computer has been making amazing grinding sounds for several months, and if I don't hold it exactly right the screen dies.
Sometimes is makes ascending whirring noises like it's about to take off.
Finally it just stopped turning on, so I've sent it to be fixed, but there is a good chance it's now dead to me. Which means future updates will be typo-ridden and from my iphone (why does it predictive text the world's most stupid words? Its should NEVER be changed to IRS) or ffrom my roomie's stolen laptop while they sleep.
In other news, I've decide to visit Melbourne this September (yay tax return!). Any suggestions on what to see/do?

2 comments:

  1. Haha the Tim Burton exhibition!

    Don't bother with Chapel St, it's nasty.

    DO try Brunswick St and Gertrude St (http://circavintageclothing.com.au!).

    http://www.thehumblevintage.com allow you to rent a vintage bike and provide maps so you can cruise around in style and check out various shops/tourist places/cafes etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie, Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and saying hello. The suitcase rummage was great fun and I managed to sell a few bits and pieces. I have been down in Melbourne(also thanks to a handy tax return) for the last 2 weeks so I have not gotten in much blog time. I'm actually putting together a zine on all the crafty goodness and food that is down in Melbourne. Drop by on Sunday at the rummage if you are there and hopefully I should have something written up by then.

    ReplyDelete