Thursday, August 5, 2010

A ghetto ode to my tax return

Bitch - where you at? My shizzle don't pay for itself. It's been three weeks. Deposit yourself or Ima have to bust a cap in yo ass. Word.

Looking back I should have tried to write the word crunk in there, but I can't seem to fit it.

It's been three weeks since I lodged my tax return and I have already spent it six times in my head. Realistically I will put it on my credit card, but in today's dream i will instead travel to the Tim Burton exhibit in Melbourne.

So until you make nice with my bank account and move in tax return, I will post a poem about you each day. And there is a reason I am not the next Shakespeare.
Prepare yourself. Dope, word, crunk etc.

5 comments:

  1. I just followed you back from a comment you left with Esme and the Laneway - your catchy blog title! OMG love zombie survival tactics and general apocalyptic discussion!

    My tax return is similarly belated. Rage.

    I visited the Tim Burton exhibition on Monday, it's definitely awesome and worth the trip down. Probably reasonable timing for it, the initial "omgBurtonexhibitionmustseenoooooooow!" crowds have died down somewhat (at least on week days), no school holidays at the moment ... the crowds will just pick up again come late September. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog title - fun to say, a pain to type. I really should have thought it through more!

    I am so jealous that you got to go see the exhibit. I'm in Brisvegas, so I don't think I'll be making it unless my tax return shows up in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog ~ I like the mix of vintage and zombies! >u<

    I found you through Tuppence Ha'penny and figured that as I like vintage mixed with randomness, I'd check you out and I was not disappointed. Yays for zombies!

    Will follow.

    xox,
    b. of Depict This!

    P.S ~ I have a tutorial on hyperlinking at my blog, and I thought you might be interested in it so that you do not have to type your cool but uber long blog URL in your comments all the time. ^w^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if it's any consolation, most of the sketches ended up translated into his various movies! And really, you've seen the costumes in action in the movies ... and the lil sculptures, you've seen them in the movies too ...

    I don't know why I paid $14 to see that damn exhibition now! Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. b.- hot dang, I really do need that tutorial. I'll hop right on it and hope it sinks in (unlikely).

    jasmine - It's a mild consolation. Maybe if I watch all his movies again I'll be okay?

    ReplyDelete