Thursday, February 24, 2011

70s goodness

When I first started this blog I did it because I get so inspired by all those amazing vintage fashion blogs. Such beautiful pictures! So many amazing outfits! Such awesome cats ( I’m looking at you Vintage Vixen)!

Sadly, I suck at taking photos and while I have awesome clothes thanks to years of op-shopping, when cameras and I combine, something happens. Batteries die, light flares occur, my eyes become slightly wonky and in an effort to look shorter but not get a double chin I both hunch and raise my head so every shot is a nostril shot. Awesome right? Also, I tend to lack the ease and glamour of those other bloggers. I cannot pose well, I cannot smile nicely, and I like to do the double thumbs up or pretend to be eating far away objects by opening my mouth real big in at least 70% of photos.

But I have decided to push aside my vanities and go for it anyway. I think you will get a real idea of my poise and class in these. They were taken at Splendor in The Grass this year.



Here I am before the festival pretending to play tennis at an old court with no ball. Needless to say, I won.



Scuse the makeup-less-ness, I was still having my first tea of the morning here.


This awesome dress is a great 70s find. I can’t quite remember where I got it, I think it was an op shop find? Correct me if I’m wrong Damsel Vintage and it was one of yours. It’s made of amazing polyester goodness and if I stand too close to an open flame I could spontaneously explode.



I got a huge amount of compliments, mainly from men, on this dress and I later realized in direct sunlight, it’s see through. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment