Friday, February 18, 2011

Twisties are to my body like petrol is to my car

In the continued dieting in preparation for the wedding (ok, in preparation for life because I’m a little overweight) I recently went on a detox. It was called the Skinny Mini detox and while it didn’t promise weight loss officially it really insinuated it. I mean, it’s got skinny in the title.

It didn’t lie, I lost about 2 kilos on it. But I was also completely unsatisfied THE ENTIRE TIME. There was not one day during the five I was on it that I felt full. And this was a detox you still ate on, not the Lemon Detox Diet where you drink a crapload of maple syrup and lemon juice (lasted two day, spewed constantly. From both ends if you must know). On this detox you could have fruit and veg (limited amounts of pumpkin, sweet potato, potato of course) and some fish. Despite allegedly being able to eat, I was never ever full. I don’t care what you vegetarians say, you can eat five tones of lettuce and your stomach still be empty. It was about as satisfying as licking salad the entire time.




So after my detox, here’s how I celebrated. I went to Ribbits at Dutton Park. And it was awesome, despite the judging from waiters because I kept ordering more. Hey, it was all you could eat! And I had a week of salad to make up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment