Thursday, January 6, 2011

Today I nearly died, but I’m pretty sure some old ladies just thought I was joy riding and tut tutted at me.

Today I nearly died, but I’m pretty sure some old ladies just thought I was joy riding and tut tutted at me.

No seriously, it has been pouring rain in Brissie all day and while going through the rabbit warren, round-a-bout ridden hell that is the place that I work (let’s call it Smorth Shmakes), my car spun out. I wasn’t speeding, I was just singing along to Regina Spektor while driving through the round-a-bout when WHAMMO I was facing the wrong way. If some one had been behind me it would have become a head on collision.
Some cars coming the other way paused for a second then drove on around me. While I was all “Holy fudgepacker, I just did that thing they do in the Blues Brothers when they park a car and am I even alive?”.



That’s right, near death experiences make me think of the Blues Brothers. Then I drove the wrong way up a road so I could U-turn and get to my interview on time. Because I am a mother-effin professional. And on the way home I did 80 in a 100 zone and five billion trucks passed me and I didn’t care because I was so scared still.

People who get back in cars after serious crashes are amazingly brave.

But the most annoying part about this near death experience is the other motorists seriously seemed to think I was joy riding or hooning or something. And I can guarantee that at least one of them will write a letter to the editor to MY paper about kids these days and probably give out my license plate number. Old people suck (except you Grandma).

No comments:

Post a Comment